Friday, November 12, 2010

Millionaire Mindset Trait #6: Focus on purposes beyond yourself – on things you can do with great wealth to help others.

This particular millionaire mindset trait is one of my own personal beliefs. I’m not sure that every millionaire shares it or not, but I believe it is a powerful thing to think about.

I have found that it’s often much easier to motivate yourself by focusing on purposes beyond yourself – in other words, to think about all the ways you can help others with your wealth.

I believe this principle is especially important when you are making good money but you haven’t yet reached the point of making truly great money. So, let’s say you’ve reached the point of making $10,000 a week. For many of you, this level of income will feel quite comfortable - comfortable enough that you may find yourself losing the drive and motivation to do what it takes to get yourself to the next level.

But if you’re thinking of other people as well, and all the wonderful things you can do for others as a millionaire, then that can be a powerful motivator.

For example, let’s say you have the following dialogue going on in your mind: “Okay, I’m making pretty good money right now. However, I have an opportunity to reach the point of making 7 figures a year here. But, I don’t really need a 7 figure a year income – after all, who really needs that kind of money?
“But on the other hand, I do have children and a family, and I would really like to pay off my house – and I want to pay it off as soon as possible. And, at some point I would really like to be able to buy several more houses so that if my current business stops bringing in a good income at some point - maybe ten or fifteen years in the future, or whenever - then if I own real estate I am still going to have another very good source of income. And I can be in a very good position to help my family, my parents, and other people I care about as well.”

Do you see how this mindset will give you plenty of motivation to move yourself towards greater levels of wealth? Trust me, when you consider all the good you would be able to do for others it is highly motivating!

Along these same lines, you can also think about all the money you would be able to give to a charity that you are passion about. Or, you could even set up a charity of your own for something that is particularly meaningful to you. 

I personally find it so much easier to be highly motivated when I think about others than myself. If I had thought only of myself all these years, I probably wouldn’t be earning 7 figures a year today. I would have become comfortable enough, and my motivation to go beyond that would have dwindled.

Becoming comfortable is one of the greatest demotivators. But when you start to think about everybody else, and all the big goals that extend beyond yourself, that comfort quickly dissipates and suddenly you begin to feel inspired, motivated, and enthusiastic about creating more wealth.

Don’t think about the money, think about all the good you can do in the world with the money – with great wealth.

Focus on helping others and you’ll become much more motivated!

Article by Mark Ling
http://www.amazingself.com



"Meaningful Marketing Matters"
Nancy James
Starlight Cards & Gifts
(707) 320-1933 office
(707) 332-2947 cell
starlightcards@gmail.com
   
Contact Me LinkedIn Twitter Blogger
Starlight Cards Blog Millionaire Mindset Trait #5: Always attend to important tasks immediately – never waste your time procrastinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment